Kentucky beats Kansas 67-59 to Win NCAA Basketball Championship
The Kentucky Wildcats won their first NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship since 1998, beating Kansas 67-59 on Monday night in New Orleans. It’s the eighth championship in Kentucky’s history.
The Wildcats led the game from start to finish, despite star player Anthony Davis making just one of ten shots in the game. Kentucky was led by Doron Lamb and his 22 points. Kansas got a big game from Thomas Robinson, 18 points and 17 rebounds, but it wasn’t enough to knock off Kentucky, the number one team in the country coming into the tournament.
The victorious Wildcats finish their championship season with a 38-2 record. Kansas finishes 32-7.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash