Cardinals, Lynn Shut Down Pirates 4-1
Cardinals pitcher Lance Lynn pitched 7 strong innings on Friday night, as the Cardinals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1. Lynn (3-0) allowed just 4 hits and 1 earned run, which was an inside the park home run by Alex Pressley. Cardinals outfielder Skip Shumaker, who just returned from the disabled list, left the game after crashing into the wall on the Pressley homer. Carlos Beltran had 2 hits for the Cardinals, which included an RBI single in the 5th which scored Lynn. Daniel Descalso added a solo homerun in the 8th off Jared Hughes for a 3-1 lead. Rafeal Furcal also added an RBI double to score Shane Robinson for a 4-1 advantage.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park