Fatal Accident on I-270; Major Traffic Back Up
DES PERES, MO (KTVI) – One person has been killed in an accident involving a MoDOT contractor. Authorities on the scene say a car slammed into the work truck on Interstate 270 near Manchester. The accident happened when the vehicle entered a work zone around 3 a.m. and struck the MoDOT contractor’s truck.
A person inside the car died. The MoDOT contractor was not killed.
The accident caused a significant back up on Interstate 270 in the northbound lanes. Traffic was backed up from Manchester to Gravios Road. That’s about a 10 mile back up.
Photo Gallery Expand 1 of 5
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park