Rams Chris Long And Chaminade Students Help Veterans
NORTH ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO. (KTVI) – Residents at the Missouri Veterans Home in North County got some special guests Tuesday. Chris Long from the St. Louis Rams along with some 50 seventh graders from Chaminade came out to help with ‘spring cleaning’ projects at the home. They did everything from cleaning the wheel chairs of veterans to cleaning their rooms.
The veterans advocacy group ‘The Mission Continues’ put on the event.
Veterans say the special visitors made their day. ‘When people like this come to our home and they pitch in to help us out around here, it’s a special feeling you just can’t explain in your heart and to know that someone else cares,’ said Marines veteran Eddie Dillard.
‘I’ve gotten to meet a lot of awesome veterans today, other days that I’ve been able to be a part of something that mission continues is doing. Of something that mission continues is doing. I never feel like I’m the guy that people know. To me, the real heroes are them. I know it’s cliché but it’s true at least to me,’ added Long.
The kids also wrote letters thanking the veterans for their service.
Nearly 300 veterans live at the skilled nursing center.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man charged after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon