Funeral Held For Hit And Run Victim
GLEN CARBON, IL (KTVI)– The funeral for the 23 year old St. Louis woman was held Wednesday morning in Glen Carbon, Illinois.
Amber Wood was killed Friday when she and a group of friends were walking across South Broadway heading to the Broadway Oyster Bar. She was struck by a speeding car.
The car sped off but it was later found near a scrap yard in Madison, Illinois.
On Monday, Amber Wood’s family stood at the crime scene and made a public plea for anyone with information about the hit and run driver to contact police.
Police are not identifying the person of interest in custody or talking about any other details about possible charges.
Police say they can keep this person in custody for 24 hours before filing charges.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park