Viral: Lion Tries to Eat Baby
(CNN) – A lion at the Oregon Zoo apparently thought a little boy sitting outside of the exhibit would make a delicious treat. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the baby was wearing a black-and-white striped outfit.
“We didn’t even notice he looked like a zebra until someone told us that on Facebook,” the child’s mother, Heather Baltzor, told CNN affiliate KTVZ. “He looked like a tasty baby zebra.”
No matter how much the lion pawed or lunged at the little guy, thick protective glass kept him safe. The child barely noticed what was happening. His mother says he was never frightened.
Zoo workers say lions often interact with young visitors and the glass barrier keeps them safe.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash