The Laughing State? Comedians Target Missouri Bills
(KTVI) – For the second time this week, Missouri has become the butt of a national comedian’s joke. Thursday on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, comedian Aasif Mandvi talked to Missouri state representative Wanda Brown about a bill that could protect the rights of gun owners and prevent them from being fired, even though gun owners are protected by the Second Amendment.
But when Mandvi questions the need for such a bill and if Brown would support the rights of gay Missourians, Brown could not give a definitive answer.
On Monday, comedian Stephen Colbert poked fun at Missouri’s now punned, “Don’t Say Gay” Bill.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims