NASA Detects Moving Sand Dunes On The Red Planet
WASHINGTON, D.C. (NASA) – NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) has captured large scale movement on Mars’s sand dunes. Scientist analyzing the images from the MRO, have seen dust devils towering to 12 miles high, rippling sand dunes and high speed wind movement of sand on large dune fields on Mars.
NASA released the following pictures and animation of dust devils on Mars Wednesday, in Washington, D.C.
Photo Gallery Expand 1 of 6
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight