Group Attempts To Break The Billy Goat Curse
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Five Cubs fans are walking from Arizona to Chicago with a goat. Their goal it to break the Billy Goat curse. The legendary curse was placed on the Chicago Cubs in 1945 when the owner of the ‘Billy Goat Tavern’ was asked to leave the World Series game at Wrigley field. The owner was asked to leave because he smelled like a goat and it was bothering fans. The tavern owner, Billy Sianis, declared “Them Cubs, they aren’t gonna win no more”. The Cubs have not won a World Series since.
Many have attempted to break the curse but few have gone as far as this group of fans have.
All donations go to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
More info: http://crackthecurse.com/
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota