Wainwright Shuts Down and Shuts Out The Padres
Adam Wainwright wanted to finish what he started. His manager told him he had 15 pitches to get it done. He did. Wainwright threw his first shutout since the summer of 2010, as the Cardinals beat the Padres 4-0 on Tuesday night. Wainwright was emotional during the post-game tv interview as he celebrated the third shutout of his career but his first since the major elbow surgery of 2011.
Matt Holliday contributed a sliding catch and an rbi double. Matt Carpenter doubled in the first inning but also suffered an injury as he left the batters box. He left the game with the Cardinals announcing he had soreness on his right side. The team seemed less concerned after the game with the good news being it wasn’t an oblique injury.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon