Man Missing After Train Trip From San Antonio To Chicago
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-A man who was traveling by train from San Antonio, TX was missing when that train arrived in Chicago, IL. Andrew Haukereid Jr., 79, was to be met by family at the station last Sunday, May 20, but Haukereid never arrived. Haukereid’s luggage, including his medications, arrived in Chicago.
According to a spokesperson, Amtrak police are working with other agencies and Haukereid’s family to try to locate him. Amtrak investigators have alerted police departments along the Amtrak route. A passenger on the same part of the train as Haukereid told his family he was last seen at some point while the train was between Little Rock, AR and St. Louis.
It is possible Haukereid could have left the train in the St. Louis area or possibly other stops in Missouri. He is described as white, with thick, curly grey hair. He is about 5-foot-6 and weighs about 150 pounds. When last seen he was wearing black dress pants, black dress shoes, a red T-shirt and a medium-colored blue jacket. He is sometimes called “Junior”.
If you think you may have seen Andrew Haukereid, please call local police.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims