LIVE Video: Gov. Greitens speaks at officer association’s prayer breakfast

Two Girls Shot Allegedly Over Break-Up And Facebook Post

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CAHOKIA, IL (KTVI)-- Two teenage girls were shot allegedly over a break-up and  posting on Facebook.

One of the victims a 16 year-old has a lot of healing to do. She says she was shot twice, once in the neck. Now all she wants is her best friend to make it through life-threatening surgeries.

These are the words the 16 year old shooting victim has for two people who opened their door and called 911 after she and her 17-year-old best friend were shot.

"I want to say thank you for saving my life, thank you for real."

According to Cahokia police, the two were shot by 18-year-old Amos Bullocks along the 500 block of Falling Springs Road at around 5am Sunday morning. The 17-year-old girl who was shot twice in the head is still listed in critical condition. Identities of the two teens were not released.

"He was running behind us, got so close then he pulled the gun," said the 16 year old  victim.

The victim says Bullocks invited them to his home through text messages. That's when she says Bullocks became angry over a recent break-up and Facebook post. After the shooting, the 16 year-old lost track of her friend and told police her friend was missing. The 17 year-old was found 3 hours later in a wooded area along the 400 block of Falling Springs Road by a pedestrian.

"I tried to run, he pushed me down. I hit my head on the concrete. The only thing I heard was blow, blow, he shot me in my neck by my butt,” said the 16 year-old victim.

Now Amos Bullocks who police say has no prior criminal record is facing first degree attempted murder and aggravated battery with a fire arm charges. The victim says just wants her best friend to recover.

"I love her, I'm not mad at her or nothing, I just want her to pull through."

Amos Bullocks is being held at the St. Clair County Jail. His bond is set at $1 million. More charges are expected in the coming days.