Cards Lose 5th Straight, 6-1 to Mets
The Cardinals now have their longest losing streak of the season. They lost 6-1 to the Mets on Sunday night in New York, their fifth straight setback. The loss drops the Cardinals overall record to the .500 mark at 27-27. The Cardinals are now in third place in the National League Central Division, trailing first place Cincinnati by three and a half games and now second place Pittsburgh by a half game.
In Sunday’s loss, Jake Westbrook allowed five runs in five innings pitched and took the loss. His season record dips to 4-5. Adron Chambers had two of the Cardinals eight hits in the game and drove in the only Redbirds run. Mets starting pitcher Jonathan Niese struck out a career high 10 Cardinals to get the win and improve to 4-2 on the season.
Kyle Lohse pitches for the Cardinals on Monday afternoon as the club trys to avoid the four game sweep at the hands of the Mets.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight