Gas Line Breaks in Midtown St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Laclede Gas crews worked well past sunrise to a broken low-pressure main in Midtown Tuesday morning.
According to St. Louis City Fire officials, a construction crew was digging on Vandeventer at McPherson when a backhoe hit a gas line. Fire crews shut down traffic to the entire block around midnight. They checked sewers and surrounding buildings, but found no escaped gas.
There were no injuries. Crews kept a northbound lane of Vandeventer between Lindell and Westminster place closed during the repairs.
Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4GLTE
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park