Mild Weather Getting People Outside
CREVE COEUR, MO (KTVI)– But not everyone is lamenting this dry and mild weather. In fact, some businesses say it’s helping them get new clients.
For the St. Louis Canoe and Kayak Club, the mild weather gets people out of their houses and onto the water at Creve Coeur Lake.
For the Alpine Shop in Kirkwood, that draws out more potential customers on a Wednesday night.
The spring like weather Wednesday night made for perfect conditions to rollerblade around Creve Coeur Lake. The bike riders and runners also hit the park in full force on such a beautiful night.
But the one outdoor activity that this calm and mild weather makes absolutely perfect takes place out on the water by the St. Louis Canoe and Kayak Club.
The dry weather is the only imperfection in the weather that works against this canoe and kayak club because it can ruin some potential road trips.
The Alpine Shop in Kirkwood won’t argue with the weather. Every Wednesday night, the shop allows potential customers to take some of their crafts out on the lake for a test drive.
Getting people out of the house and out onto the water is nothing but good for business for the Alpine Shop because the weather helps sell the experience along with the boat.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media