Precious Earth: Shoes For Life Drive
(KTVI) – The Shoes for Life Drive, is taking place at 21 area Wal-Mart stores from June 14-16. St. Louis Green is part of the drive and Craig Jung from St. Louis Green.com and Rochelle Weidinger from Kingdom Seeds Outreach was on the Mid Day show to talk about the shoe drive.
You can bring your used and new shoes to Participating Wal-Mart Stores or Kingdom Seeds Outreach, along with Shoeman Water Projects and they will turn your shoes into clean drinking water. Once collected, the shoes get a second life as affordable shoes in the developing world, and their sales profit provides funding for clean water projects.
Shoes can be any type or size, but must be free of rips or holes and should be tied or rubber banded together when dropped off. You can bag the shoes, but no boxes please.
If you want to learn more about the project, click here.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon