Thousands Sign Up Cellphones For Mo. No-Call List
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) _ Thousands of Missouri residents are rushing to place their cellphone numbers on a list prohibiting calls and text messages from telemarketers. Gov. Jay Nixon signed a law Thursday expanding Missouri’s no-call list to include cellphones. Attorney General Chris Koster said Friday afternoon that his office had already registered more than 61,000 cellphone numbers. The telemarketing blacklist previously was limited only to landlne residential phones. The list is updated quarterly. So any numbers submitted to the attorney general’s office by July 31 will be covered on the next updated list released Oct. 1. Missourians can register on the Attorney General’s website .
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search