Deaf 75-Year-Old Man Looks For Work
BRENTWOOD, MO. (KTVI) – Almost every day Joe Falgier hopes that this will be the day his job hunt will finally end. But it’s not easy in this economy. Especially if your 75 years old.
“I would actually hire him if I had a business and I could offer him a job”, says Judy Larson, the Mers Goodwill employment specialist helping Joe in his job search. And even if Joe can get a possible employer to ignore his age. Joe is deaf and that has been a challenge for possible employment.
“There really is no reason why my age or my deafness should stand in my way”, says Joe.
Ten years ago Joe retired and was happy and content. All that changed when his wife Carol passed away. He hoped he could find a job to escape the loneliness.
“I want to keep my mind active and fresh. I don’t want to sit and be bored and useless”, says Joe.
For now, Joe is still waiting and hoping that he will land a job soon.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash