East St. Louis School Board’s Fate In Jeopardy
EAST ST. LOUIS, IL (KTVI) – The East St. Louis School Board is a day away from officially being ousted by the State of Illinois. You Paid For It has done countless stories on this troubled district and bad decision by the City School Board.
Now, the State Education Department has had enough. The State Education Department is holding two days of hearings in Springfield to decide the Districts fate.
East St. Louis Board Members are addressing the State Board in Springfield today explaining why they should keep their jobs despite all the controversy. The State Board will vote tomorrow and are expected to oust the East St. Louis Board and appoint their own panel to run the district.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash