Laser Center Owner Accused of Sexually Assaulting Patient
Update – According to St. Peters police the victim was assaulted during only one appointment. She had seen the doctor sever times but was only assaulted during their most recent session.
ST. PETERS, MO (KTVI) – A cosmetic laser center owner is behind bars after he allegedly sexually assaulted a woman during an appointment. Lawrence Branam, 43, owner of Comestic Laser Center on Mexico Road in St. Peters, was arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Police say a female patient reported Branam inappropriately touched her during one appointment. The victim told police Branam touched her in areas which were not part of the laser hair removal process. The victim said they were sexual in nature and unwanted.
Branam is now charged with Deviate Sexual Assault and is being held on a $100,000 bond.
St. Peters Police are asking anyone who received treatment at Cosmetic Laser Center, 7030 Mexico Road, and feel they may be a victim of sexual assault, to contact them immediately at 636-278-2244 ext. 3594.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Baby falls out of car onto roadway