Sandusky Convicted On 45 Of 48 Counts In Sex Abuse Trial
BELLEFONTE, PENNSYLVANIA (CNN) – In the end jurors found jerry Sandusky guilty of 45 counts of 48 counts against him, and not guilty of 3. The attorney general thanked the young men who came forward and testified against him. They have shown great strength and courage telling their stories not only to the jury, but also the entire world.
Sandusky’s defense attorney was conciliatory.
The Sandusky family is very disappointed by the verdict but we respect their verdict.
Throughout the trial, alleged victims graphically described involuntary sexual encounters with the former football coach.
The defense called numerous character witnesses to the stand, including Sandusky’s wife, Dottie.
She testified she never noticed any signs of inappropriate behavior.
The defense argued investigators pushed the accusers to make claims against Sandusky, and the alleged victims were out to make a profit.
Sandusky never took the stand is his own defense.
For the local community, the trial will have a long-lasting impact.
I think that the whole Penn State and State College is completely tarnished now. The reputation is going to take a while to come back for us.
In Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, I’m Ines Ferre.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Police investigating apparent murder suicide at Babler State Park