Update On Competing Chesterfield Outlet Malls
CHESTERFIELD, MO. (KTVI) – We now know the stores the Simon Property Group plans to bring to the new St. Louis Premium Outlet Mall in the valley. This is the mall to be located on the south side of Highway 40 east of the Daniel Boone Bridge.
They plan to have 85 stores open by the fall of 2013 that will include: Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, Jones New York, Hartstrings, Lane Bryant and Yankee Candle among others.
Groundbreaking is set for July 11th.
At the Taubman Company competing outlet mall, the company says it is planning a ceremonial ground breaking on July 25th, with construction to get underway after that.
That’s when the planned prestige outlet mall will unveil the stores committed to its shopping complex. Prestige outlets plan to open in October of 2013 across from the chesterfield commons in the valley.
Most doubt that both malls will be built, but no one has dropped out of the competition.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash