Fair Saint Louis: Air Show Preps & Road Closures
CAHOKIA, IL (KTVI) – It’s time for another Fair Saint Louis. It’s begins Wednesday and that means fair-goers will get to see an amazing air show. But there will also be traffic concerns.
Fair-goers will see airborne acrobatics and parachute jumps from the U.S. Army Golden Knights. They’ll also see a World War II B-17. There are only 13 left. The air show talks place Wednesday, July 4 at 12 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in the skies above the Mississippi River.
But everyone expects road closures. St. Louis City will start closing roads Tuesday morning to make room for the Fair. Leonor K. Sullivan closes at 6 a.m. from Washington Avenue to the Poplar Street Bridge.
Northbound I-44/55 at Memorial and southbound I-55 from the Poplar to Memorial closed at 9 p.m. All the closures will last until 9 a.m. Sunday morning.
More Fair Events:
VP Parade: July 4 at 10 a.m.
See Fair St. Louis Fireworks on July 4, 6 and 7th.
For more information on Fair events, click here.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media