Lohse and Cruz lead Cards in 3-2 Win over Marlins
Kyle Lohse pitched seven strong innings and Tony Cruz drove in two runners with a 4th inning triple to lead the Cardinals to a 3-2 win over the Marlins on Saturday at Busch Stadium.
Lohse was the winning pitcher and improves to 9-2 on the season. He pitched seven innings allowing just two runs, while striking out four. Skip Schumaker added an RBI single to go along with Cruz’s two run hit to produce just enough offense for the victory. Allen Craig also added three hits in the Cardinals victory. Jason Motte pitched a scoreless ninth inning to pick up his 20th save of the season.
The Cardinals finish their series with the Marlins tomorrow at Busch Stadium, then it’s the All-Star Break. Rookie Joe Kelly will pitch for the Redbirds.
Take a listen to Cardinals players Kyle Lohse, Jason Motte and Tony Cruz along with manager Mike Matheny after the win.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search