Malware Monday: Now What?
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Internet providers expect phones to be ringing off the hook this morning with calls from internet users who may not have checked their computers for the malware that took over computers about a year ago.
The FBI turned off the redirect servers that allowed users to connect to the internet despite being infected with the virus.
So if you didn’t do the check and clean before midnight this morning, your only help is going to come from your internet providers.
Most internet providers have a solution to help customers reconnect, but you’re still going to have to get that malware off your computer.
There were roughly 250,000 computers still infected last week and while that’s a small number when compared to the number of computer users around the world, if you’re one of them, it definitely matters to you.
Visit http://www.dcwg.org/ to check your computer.
- Two killed in Wentzville motorcycle crash; school buses delayed
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight