Cardinals 3 Run Ninth Inning Beats Brewers, 3-2
The Cardinals pulled off a dramatic win on Monday night in Milwaukee. St. Louis scored three runs off Brewers closer John Axford in the ninth inning and beat Milwaukee 3-2 at Miller Park in Wisconsin.
Matt Holliday’s two run single tied the game at 2-2. Then the next hitter, Allen Craig singled to left off Axford to put the Cards on top 3-2. Jason Motte pitched a scoreless bottom of the ninth inning to get the win.
Lance Lynn pitched very well for the Cardinals. The big right hander pitched seven innings, allowing just one run while striking out 10 batters.
The win was timely for the Cardinals. Both the Reds and Pirates lost on Monday, so the Cardinals now trail the first place Reds by three and a half games.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota