ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – This is a collection of “synthetic marijuana” collected by the University of Central Missouri Safety Center. You’ll see that the pictures of the bags show up with their toxicology lab findings.
There are thousands of variations of these packages. As we now know, the product label is not an accurate prediction of what chemical the bag contains. This list may help increase our ability to recognize synthetic products.
This is a list of only “synthetic pot.” The Missouri Safety Center plans to create another list for the “bath salts” cathinone stimulants. (We have a link to a few “synthetic coke” products tested by the Fox Files).
Toxicologists often say “synthetic pot” can only be loosely compared to marijuana. The actual affects are much more unpredictable. Some users describe frightening hallucinations and uncontrollable highs.
More information: http://www.ucmo.edu/safetycenter/
New Synthetic Drugs Added
The list of substances that police can make an arrest for is growing. Here is the latest list banned by the Feds.
15 cannabanoids, 9 2Cs, and MDPV and Mephedrone
- 5-(1,1-dimethylheptyl)-2-[(1R,3S)-3-hydroxycyclohexyl]-phenol (CP-47,497)
- 5-(1,1-dimethyloctyl)-2-[(1R,3S)-3-hydroxycyclohexyl]-phenol (cannabicyclohexanol or CP-47,497 C8-homolog)
- 1-pentyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-018 and AM678)
- 1-butyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-073)
- 1-hexyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-019)
- 1-[2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl]-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-200)
- 1-pentyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (JWH-250)
- 1-pentyl-3-[1-(4-methoxynaphthoyl)]indole (JWH-081)
- 1-pentyl-3-(4-methyl-1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-122)
- 1-pentyl-3-(4-chloro-1-naphthoyl)indole (JWH-398)
- 1-(5-fluoropentyl)-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (AM2201)
- 1-(5-fluoropentyl)-3-(2-iodobenzoyl)indole (AM694)
- 1-pentyl-3-[(4-methoxy)-benzoyl]indole (SR-19 and RCS-4)
- 1-cyclohexylethyl-3-(2-methoxyphenylacetyl)indole (SR-18 and RCS-8)
- 1-pentyl-3-(2-chlorophenylacetyl)indole (JWH-203)
Other Drugs added as achedule I of section 202(c) of the Controlled Substances Act:
- 4-methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone)
- 3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)
- 2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-ethylphenyl)ethanamine (2C-E)
- 2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)ethanamine (2C-D)
- 2-(4-Chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethanamine (2C-C)
- 2-(4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethanamine (2C-I)
- 2-[4-(Ethylthio)-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl]ethanamine (2C-T-2)
- 2-[4-(Isopropylthio)-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl]ethanamine (2C-T-4)
- 2-(2,5-Dimethoxyphenyl)ethanamine (2C-H)
- 2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-nitro-phenyl)ethanamine (2C-N)
- 2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylphenyl)ethanamine (2C-P)