Voter’s Guide: August 7th Missouri Primary Election
You Decide 2012 - Click here for more election stories.
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – This Missouri Primary election will decide what candidates will get to compete in the general election this November. This is a primary election. Voters will be picking what candidates will represent their party. Missourians must choose one party’s ballot when voting in the primary. Alternatively, you can choose to vote on an issues only ballot which will not include candidate.
Missouri is holding this primary election on August 7th, 2012. The polls will be open from 6:00am-7:00pm. Voters can start casting ballots on June 26th. That is when absentee voting begins.
This is an open primary election. This means that voters of any party can vote for whomever they choose. Both republicans and democrat candidates will be voted on in this election.
See what the candidates have to say about the issues. Check out our complete list of all Missouri candidates websites.
We have had the candidates in to explain their positions. View all of our Missouri Primary reports here.
Follow The Missouri Primary On Twitter
Our reporters are following the Missouri Primary LIVE from the candidate’s headquarters. Keep upwith the latest updates by following their tweets. You can follow all of our reporter’s tweets here. Want the news from the candidates? You can see what they are saying by following our handy list. You can access the list of all the candidate’s tweets here.
|Todd Akin||St. Charles, MO||George Sells|
|Sarah Steelman||Rolla, MO||Andy Banker|
|John Brunner||Clayton, Mo||Betsey Bruce|
|Lacy Clay||St. Louis City||Bonita Cornute|
|Russ Carnahan||St. Louis City||Charles Jaco|
|MO Gov Republicans:|
|Dave Spence||Frontenac, MO||Roche Madden|
|Bill Randles||Clayton, MO||Anthony Kiekow|
Elected positions that will be decided in this primary election:
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Representative
- Lt. Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- Attorney General
- State Senator
- State Representative
- County Council
Issues that will be voted on in this Primary Election:
- State of Missouri – Constitutional Amendment – Public Prayer
- City of Ferguson – Proposition C
- City of Olivette – Proposition S, Proposition P
- City of St. Ann – Proposition P
- City of Sunset Hills – Proposition 1
- Spanish Lake Fire Protection District – Proposition S
- West Overland EMS & Fire Protection District – Proposition S
- Brentwood Library District – Proposition L
For details and a complete listing of topics and representatives, click here.
Helpful Resources for Voters
See where you can vote:
Check to see if you are registered to vote:
Three-Minute Voting Guide
You are eligible to register to vote if you are:
- A U.S. citizen
- A Missouri resident
- At least 17-1/2 years of age (18 to vote)
You are not eligible to register to vote if you are:
- Adjudged to be incapacitated by a court of law
- Confined under a sentence of imprisonment
- On probation/parole after conviction of a felony until finally discharged
- After a conviction of a felony or misdemeanor connected with the right of suffrage