Banner Flown Over Penn State Says, Remove Paterno Statue
STATE COLLEGE, PA. (CNN) – It’s a message from above at Penn State University regarding the late Joe Paterno. Someone flew a plane over the campus pulling a sign that read, “Take down the statue or we will.”
There’s a statue of the former head coach outside the school’s football stadium.
According to an ESPN poll, 60-percent of respondents thought the Paterno statue should be removed from the stadium before the football season begins.
All this comes after an internal investigation by the former director of the F-B-I concluded school officials, including Paterno, had “empowered” Jerry Sandusky’s sexual abuse of minors.
A library at Penn State is also named after Joe Paterno.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota