You Paid For It – Kirkwood’s Decorative Sidewalks
KIRKWOOD, MO (KTVI) – Kirkwood Residents called FOX 2′s You Paid for it team to look into the way some of their tax dollars are being spent in Kirkwood. Decorative crosswalks in the town have cost taxpayers $59,000.
You Paid For It has covered similar stories in some other communities like Clayton. Decorative brick crosswalks were put in only to be ripped back out and replaced with new brick crosswalks. Officials insist the new ones will last a lot longer.
The City of St. Louis Board of Public Service has given up on the brick crosswalks after their experience on Riverview Boulevard. But, Kirkwood promises their deal will be different.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search