Carpenter Out Of Surgery, Recovering
DALLAS, TX (KTVI) – The St. Louis Cardinals have sent notice that pitcher Chris Carpenter underwent neurogenic thoracic outlet surgery Thursday morning in Dallas, Texas. The procedure was performed by Dr. Greg Pearl.
The Cardinals say Carpenter, 37, will remain in Dallas to recover for the next couple of days. He will return to St. Louis to begin his rehabilitation. The Cardinals expect his rehabilitation to take two to three months, then a “normal off-season” in preparation for the 2013 season.
“We are pleased with today’s results and Chris will soon return to St. Louis to begin his rehab,” said Cardinals Sr. Vice President/General Manager John Mozeliak. “We look forward to seeing Chris around the ballpark during his recovery.”
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash