Protect Your Pets in the Heat
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Most animals love to play outside when it’s warm, but the sunny weather can be dangerous for your furry family members. Experts say animals can sunburn just like humans, especially pets with light-colored fur that can peel and turn red. So buying pet-friendly sunscreen can help. Also make sure your pets receive extra water and change it often. In extreme heat, keep pets indoors and throw away uneaten food, because that can lead to increased bacteria growth. Spraying down outdoor cats or petting them with a wet towel can also keep them cool.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash