Throwing First Pitch At Busch Stadium Helping Nine Year Old Heal
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– A 9-year-old boy is making his major league debut Tuesday night. He’s taking to the mound at Busch Stadium.
All Ethan Gammon is focused on is that first pitch.
This 9 year old with a pretty good fastball has been practicing, prepping for the moment he steps onto the field at Busch Stadium and throws out tonight’s first pitch. It’s only his third Cardinal game ever.
Unfortunately his father, Andy, won’t be there. He was killed in a construction accident while working on the new Mississippi River Bridge in March.
But Andy’s friends bid more than $2,500 to give Ethan an opportunity he won’t forget.
And you can bet he’ll have his mom, his sister Emma, 500 fans from St. Francois County and an entire stadium cheering him on.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims