St. Louisian Mauled By Chimpanzees In South Africa, Coming Home
SOUTH AFRICA (KTVI) – The St. Louis man mauled in a chimpanzee attack in South Africa is returning home for treatment. Andrew Oberle is expected to be transferred from a hospital in South Africa to Saint Louis University Hospital next week.
A hospital spokeswoman says Doctor Bruce Kraemer, chief of plastic surgery, will oversee the 26-year-old’s care.
Oberle was attacked by two chimpanzees after stepping into a restricted area while leading a tour at Jane Goodall’s chimp sanctuary.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon