Morning Storms Bring Much Needed Rain, Some Damage
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- Thunderstorms that bubbled up over the St. Louis region Saturday morning brought much needed rainfall, but also left behind some damage. Numerous trees were uprooted or damaged in the Shaw’s Garden subdivision on Schmelz Drive in Eureka, MO. Residents there were left without power. Damage was also reported along JJ Road in Waterloo, IL.
The morning’s wet weather did cover a large portion of the FOX 2 News viewing area, especially along and south of Interstate 70 in Missouri and Illinois. The rain gauge at FOX 2 recorded 0.41″ of rainfall while Lambert Field reported just 0.13″. Viewers reported rainfall totals of anywhere from 0.25″ up to as much as 2.00″ across the St. Louis region.
More thunderstorms are possible late Saturday afternoon and evening as a strong summer cold front moves through the area. Some storms could be strong to severe.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media