Local Sikh Temples React To Wisconsin Tragedy
ST. PETERS, MISSOURI ( KTVI)- The Sikh Study Circle of
St. Louis has ties to the Wisconsin Temple. Members prayed for peace and understanding at a local service Sunday night. They are truly saddened by what happen in Milwaukee. Temple members say they found out about the shooting during services.
Leaders in St. Peters say they can’t understand why someone would bring violence to a place of peace. They also spent the after noon praying for all of the victims at the temple in Milwaukee They have strong ties . The local group is actually building a new temple an exact replica of the one in Milwaukee where the shooting happened. “We were shocked at this news, this is place of God, this should not happen in a place were we try to find piece of mind not for that kind of thing.” said Satnam Singh, Sikh Study Circle of St. Louis
Temple members say they will continue to look into new security measures for their facility. They are also planning to move forward with building their new temple.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media