Severe Weather Tears Through Franklin County
(KTVI)-A round of violent storms cut from Gasconade County across northern Franklin County into St. Charles and St. Louis Counties late Saturday before weakening. These storms produced winds up to 70 mph along their track.
Hardest hit was northern Franklin County. The town of Lyon reported 70 mph winds. The Washington Town & Country Fair was underway in Washington, MO and they evacuated some 11,000 people ahead of the storm. Some left, others sheltered indoors nearby. There were possibly two injuries from flying debris in the parking lot. Trees and power lines down all throughout town of Washington, which is along HWY 47 in northern Franklin County.
Tree damage also reported in Byrnes Mill (Jefferson County) and Villa Ridge (Franklin County).
Do you have storm damage? The National Weather Service would like your storm damage reports and photos. Click here for more information.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims