Phillies come back to Beat Cardinals 8-7 in 11 Innings
Juan Pierre’s 11th inning infield single scored Jimmy Rollins with the winning run as the Philadelphia Phillies came back to beat the Cardinals 8-7. St. Louis had led the game 7-4 in the 8th inning, but Philly tied it on a three run home run by Erik Kratz off Cardinals reliever Mitchell Boggs.
The Cardinals offense banged out 14 hits, including four from Matt Carpenter as well as three RBI. Jon Jay had three hits and 2 runs batted in. Cardinals starting pitcher Lance Lynn was again ineffective. He allowed four earned runs in five innings pitched. Barret Browning took the loss which dropped the Cardinals seven games back of the first place Reds in the NL Central Division.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims