Nature Up Close: Stunning Science Photographs
(CNN) — The New Scientist Eureka Prize for Science Photography is awarded annually for photographs that effectively communicate an aspect of science.
Part of the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes, and open only to Australians, this year’s entries show everything from exotic insects to solar flares and diseased neurons.
Here are the 10 best entries, selected by the organizers. The winner will be announced on August 28.
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.Submit Your Photo
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search