Former Senator Danforth Says Akin Has Zero Chance Of Winning
(KTVI) - Nearly every major GOP figure has called on Akin to step aside, from Senator Roy Blunt to Mitt Romney. One of the men urging akin to drop out is former Missouri Republican Senator John Danforth.
He says that Akin’s comments last weekend about women’s bodies being able to reject egg fertilization in the case of a “legitimate” rape destroyed any chance of his defeating incumbent Senator Claire McCaskill.
Senator Danforth also believes that McCaskill’s targeting Akin during the primary aided his primary win.
You can see the full interview with former Senator John Danforth on the Jaco Report, Sunday morning at 8:30 am on FOX2.
More coverage: Todd Akin Staying In Race
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims