Grandmother Braves Hurricane Isaac To See Grandchild
MASCOUTAH, IL.(KTVI) – Jana Elbe did not let the threat of a hurricane keep her from witnessing the birth of her grandson. Elbe traveled from Mascoutah, Illinois to Gulf Port, Mississippi on Friday.
Her grandson, Odin, was born Sunday night.
Even with Isaac bearing down on the Gulf Coast, the family has decided to ride out the storm.
“We are going to hope it isn’t too bad, and just stick together here,” Elbe said.
Odin’s father is stationed in Gulf Port with the Navy.
“We are going to rely on him to guide us through this,” Elbe said.
Elbe said the family joked about naming the baby Isaac.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon