Madison County Building New Public Housing Complex
MADISON COUNTY, IL (KTVI)– The Madison County Housing Authority is building a new public housing complex with a high-tech security system.
Construction crews are working on the structure in the 1700 block of Market Street.
The housing authority tore down a 1950′s-style apartment complex last year.
The new townhomes and garden style apartments will be equipped with major appliances including washers and dryers.
There are also high-tech security cameras all around the gated community, which will be monitored 24-7 by Madison police.
Officials say everyone who applies to live here will undergo a thorough financial and criminal background check.
Residents will start moving in by the end of the year.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media