St. Clair County Charges Nine Year Old With Murder
BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI) - A nine year old St. Clair Illinois boy is facing first degree murder charges. Police say his victim is a one year old toddler. Friends of the victim’s mother say that the nine year old beat the toddler to death in Cahokia, IL.
A vigil had been scheduled for the victim Friday night, but it has been postponed due to Friday night’s severe weather.
By law, the minor cannot be tried as an adult and the case will proceed through juvenile court.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview