Police Say Report Of Cop Impersonator Was Made Up
CLAYTON, MO (KTVI) – Clayton police say Wednesday’s report of a police impersonator beating a woman was made up.
Wednesday, a woman claimed she was assaulted by a man dressed as a police officer on Polo Drive.
During the investigation of the incident, the Clayton Police Department says they found inconsistencies in the victim’s statement.
After re-interviewing her, she recanted her statement and stated the incident did not happen. She has been unable to provide a reason for making the report.
The Clayton Police Department will present the facts of the case to the St. Louis County Prosecutor to determine if charges should be filed for Filing a False Police Report.
She was released from the Clayton Police Department while any potential warrants are pending.
RELATED STORY: Woman Says Man Posing as Cop Pulled Her Over, Punched Her
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search