Craig’s Hit in 10th Lifts Cards over Brewers 5-4
Allen Craig bailed out the Cardinals on Sunday at Busch Stadium. His single to right in the 10th inning scored Matt Carpenter giving the Redbirds a 5-4 win. The victory denied the Brewers chance at a sweep of the Cardinals this weekend.
Milwaukee had tied the game in the 9th inning when Norichika Aoki hit a two out, two strike two run home run off Cards closer Jason Motte to tie the game at four. But Craig supplied the winning hit an inning later to take Motte off the hook.
Lance Lynn earned the win with a scoreless top of the 10th inning pitched. Matt Holliday and Carlos Beltran hit 1st inning home runs to give the Cardinals a quick 3-0 lead. Matt Carpenter added the other Cards RBI.
The Cardinals now begin a seven game West Coast road trip starting in San Diego and including a four game set in Los Angeles. The Cards currently lead the Dodgers by a game and half in the NL Wild Card race.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota