Woman Found Dead In Hot Tub
By Rebecca Roberts
SMITHTON, IL (KTVI) – Police are investigating after a woman was found dead in her hot tub.
Sandra Deitz, 50, was reportedly found by her husband Thursday morning at around 8a.m. According to the husband he woke up and went looking for her. He found her dead in the hot tub.
The home is located in the 5600 block of Sand Rock road in Smithton Illinois.
Investigators spent the day talking with friends and family, trying to get more information about the time and cause of Dietz` death.
Right now it`s being labeled a ‘death’ investigation, since investigators say it`s too early to tell whether foul play was involved.
Investigators say the autopsy will take place Friday, although blood work and a toxicology report could take several weeks to complete.
Neighbors described Sandy as a kind, caring woman who went out of her way for others and said she loved to pick peaches and ride her bike.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash