Cards Shut Out Astros 5-0, Freese and Molina his 20th HR’s
Lance Lynn pitched six and a third scoreless innings and David Freese and Yadier Molina each hit their 20th home runs of the season to lead the Cardinals past the Astros 5-0 on Wednesday night.
Lynn won his team leading 16th game of the year pitching shut out ball into the seventh inning. Molina and Freese’s homers give the Cards five players with 20 or more home runs in a single season. That’s a Cardinals team record! Members of the 20 home run club are Carlos Beltran (29), Matt Holliday (27), Allen Craig (21), David Freese (20) and Yadier Molina (20).
Jason Motte picked up his 37th save of the season, getting the Cardinals out of a bases loaded ninth inning jam. Matt Holliday and Allen Craig had the other RBI for the Redbirds.
With the win, The Cardinals continue to lead the NL second team Wild Card race by two games over the Dodgers and 2 and a half games over the Brewers. There are just 13 games left in the regular season.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead