Possible Pork Shortage Could Raise Bacon Prices
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Grab your fork because there’s going to be less pork. The National Pig Association in Brittan says the world shortage of pork and bacon next year is now unavoidable. The drought that destroyed corn and soybean crops was serious. No ifs, and or pork butts about it. Less feed led to fewer pigs.
“I don’t see it where we’re not going to have any pork. But, it is going to cause the prices to rise I think.” said Mike Byassee, Manager Kenrick’s Meats.
They’ll follow the pork futures at Kenrick’s Meats, especially at a place that’s known to have 80 different kinds of sausages and bacon.
“Cause it’s bacon! Yeah, you gotta have your bacon. We put bacon on everything around here. And that’s what people love. They love bacon.” said Mike Byassee.
Patrick Clark, News 11.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview