Mentally Challenged Girl’s Dad Talks About Planned Prank
PACIFIC, MO (KTVI)–Several students at Pacific High School nominated a mentally challenged classmate to the Homecoming Court as a joke, according to Meramec Valley R-III School District Superintendent Randy George.
The students were suspended for up to ten days and will not be able to participate in any homecoming activities.
“We think that is a fair resolution to this thing,” the girl’s father, Rickie Tanner, said.
Tanner said his daughter returned to school for the first time since the incident on Wednesday.
“She said everyone was really nice to her,” Tanner said.
The 15-year-old will participate in the Homecoming celebration.
“We hope this is a happy ending for her,” Tanner said.
Meanwhile, the superintendent says the investigation continues.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight