Charges Pending On Driver Of Car From Tuesday Chase
FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS, IL (KTVI) – Fairview Heights police say seven charges are pending on the driver of a car who led police on an early morning chase through three Iliinois town Tuesday.
Police spotted a vehicle leave a hotel parking lot around 2:00am Tuesday, then commit a traffic violation. The officers pulled the car over. When K9 backup arrived, police say the driver shot at one officer, who suffered a hand injury. Three other offices returned fire and shot the driver.
The police officer and the driver were both taken to area hospitals for treatment.
There is no word on whether there will be any charges against a woman who was a passenger in the vehicle.
The driver is still unconscious. Police say seven charges are currently pending:
- Attempted first degree murder (two counts)
- Aggravated battery with a firearm
- Aggravated discharge of a firearm (three counts)
- Aggravated unlawful use of weapon (by felon)
- Unlawful possession of cannabis with intent to deliver
- Armed violence
- Aggravated fleeing
Related Story: Police Chase Suspect Through Three Metro East Town